I am currently accepting new enrollments.
- Head teacher at an early learning center
- Taught first grade for 5 years
- Worked in church nursery and taught children's church
- Many years of babysitting children of a variety of ages
- Degree in Elementary Education
- Master's in Reading (near completion - Spring, '11)
- Connections to Caregiving Class
"The girls were THRILLED after you left. India was already asking 'Shannon come back next week please?' And Monroe - she is NOT a snuggler (outside of being nervous and clinging to me) - you've got some kind of connection with her. I'm thrilled!"
-Email from Erin Vroman, Parent, after the first babysitting experience
"Shannon possesses a great deal of sensitivity. She is genuinely concerned about and cares for each child."
-James W. Barnhart, College Supervisor
"She possesses an extraordinary ability to communicate in a positive way with students and staff. I was most impressed with her attitude and positive nature. She was always encouraging in her interactions with students."
-Jon Weaver, Principal
"Shannon has an innate ability and talent for the teaching profession...Her knowledge of children and their developmental levels allows her to maintain an excellent rapport with all 22 of the students. She has the valuable qualities of being flexible, creative, and is quickly able to monitor and adjust."
-Sharon Myers, Second Grade Teacher